Opportunity Village Nepal administers a child care home that cares and supports, provides counseling, carries out rehabilitation and reintegration of Girl children who are survivors of human trafficking, sexual abuse, exploitation, and are at risk. The home connects such children and young people to formal and non-formal education and vocational training. More particularly, the child care home is focused on supporting the girls who are survivors of sexual abuse, trafficking, and sexual exploitation. Opportunity Village Nepal in partnership with VSE has been implementing a project entitled “Promote the rights of the vulnerable Nepalese Girls” through holistic development as well as construction and renovation in the premises in Pokhara, Kaski district, Nepal.
Girls at risk and survivors will be protected and reintegrated through a wide range of services including child care home’s services in better equipped infrastructures, family support, education support and personality development
- To provide the quality education, technical education, psychotherapy services, life skills and vocational training for the children.
- To secure the rights of children by providing a homely environment (love and care) and dignified environment to the girls living in the Child Protection Home.
- Provide care and protection to 20 – 25 girls at risk and after-care services, particularly to the 6 youths, to those who are reintegrated in their families and communities.
- To renovate and reconstruct the existing infrastructures, particularly 2 cottages of the child care home, apart from construction of walls around the cottages and tree plantation in the boundary.
Hemja- 25, Pokhara, Kaski
The project is targeted to reach out 25 girl children who are survivers of human trafficking, sexual abuse, exploitation and are at risks of different forms of violence. They will be referred by various government agencies like Child Welfare Board, Metropolitan Office – Pokhara, Women and Children Service Center and District Police, Kaski.
- Shelter, Education and Holistic Services
- Personality Development
- Capacity Building Training and Social Awareness Programs
- Festivals and Cultural Activities
- Health care and Psychosocial Activities
- Child-Friendly Administration
- Reintegrated and Follow up
- Family Home Visit Program
- Networking and membership
- Construction/renovation of Child Care Home
- 25 Girls who are survivors of sexual abuse, sexual exploitation, trafficking, and at-risk are provided holistic interventions for their overall development.
- 2 children have been successfully reintegrated in the family and receiving financial and moral support from the organization.
- The project has contributed enough to fulfill the different rights of children like rights to survival, rights to protection, rights to development, and rights to participation,
- A child-friendly administration has been established in child protection home that has enabled peer-led education support, family environment, and after-care service for better reintegration of children to families and communities.
- Children in the protection home have been able to feel secure and protected along with proper education even during the COVID-19.
- The construction/renovation of two cottages in the premises of CP is under construction.